Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Steamer's Trunk Has Won an Award!

And I didn't even have to go to a fancy dinner or get all dressed up!

The Steamer's Trunk: Multiculturalism for Steampunk has won a 2010 Facebook Steampunk Award for Best Blog! I don't remember there being an announcement for voting, which means I probably have you great people to thank for this less than 4 month old blog getting so much attention (and nearly 58,000 hits- which I know isn't my family being nice because my mom doesn't have the patience to click the refresh button that many times).

Shiny, innit?

This definitely is encouraging, since I wasn't sure how much appeal a blog of this nature would have- I just felt that it was important that people who were interested in art, clothing, and food from around the world during the Age of Steam should have a friendly place to view it and be inspired without discouragement or agenda. All I do is post the pictures, the information, and the projects- ultimately it's up to you folks as to whether or not you think its cool; and it's nice to see some of you think it is!

So thank you everyone: my subscribers, you random linked aetherwebnauts, the facebook steampunk community, my friends, family, and any small furry (or scaley, I don't judge) who might have gotten here by taking a nap on your owner's keyboard.

On a similar note: Did you know you can subscribe to The Steamer's Trunk on your livejournal? It's kind of cool- thanks to Miss Lynx for setting it up!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! Your site deserves the recognition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I have read your blog for about a month now and am a great fan. :) *Adds sirwals to a lenghty to-do list*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured it was based on the popularity of stuff posted over the year - how much people "like" your stuff.

    Well-deserved, in any case!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations indeed!! i've not seen any other blogs that discuss non western steamage ideas :) well done!!

    ReplyDelete