Friday, October 1, 2010

October's Sneak Peek

A preview of things to come in the next month:

Spotlights on:
- Maori moko
- Traditional Mongolian dress

Recipes:
- Masala Chai Mix
- Mexican Hot Chocolate

Tutorials:
- Make your own (cool) fez

Road Trips:
- Detroit Mexicantown's Dia de Los Muertos celebration.

And of course plenty of eye candy, helpful links, and hopefully my first Featured Travelers.

Speaking of the devils- do you have a steampunk costume in which you've integrated or were inspired by a specific culture? Send me an email, a picture, and what motivated you and you could become a Featured Traveler (so even more people can see how fabulous you are).

It's a Dead Man's Party!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the information about the trip to Detroit! My brother in law's godfather owns El Rancho there, wonderful food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Brazil
    Im following your blog!
    I really appreciate your subjects and way of write.
    I have one too, about Abney Park band. That I use to put some Steampunk links there too.
    http://abneyparkbrazil.blogspot.com/
    Its in Portuguese because is for brazilian fans!
    But I am always reading english stuffs around.

    Many hugs
    ~ Elen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the Mongolian dress one. I actually have a really nice Mongolian robe that I've incorporated into several steampunk outfits...
    The one problem is...I always look like an evil genius rather than just a guy with muttonchops in a very comfortable riding-robe.
    A picture of Yours Truly shalt be forwarded as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for Dia de Los Muertos I wish it was bigger here in the states me and my friends and cousins just started doing things for the day. Your blog has actually inspired me to design a steam punk costume based on some Mexican fashions that I've always been interested in. I can't wait keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete